Preliminary Exercise

Plans for Front Cover

To ensure that the front cover of my school magazine would attract the audiences attention I needed to create a catchy and short title for it. After brainstorming a few ideas about school life I came up with the title 'Report'. I think that it anchors well to the fact that the magazine will be a collection of events that have happened throughout that school term and will also include sporting reports, and a variety of others.

Below is a picture of the brainstorm I created.


In my plans I decided that the mise-en-scene of my magazine would be a medium close up of an external sixth former, with the background images being the mural that is located in the main foyer of the school. When I went to take the picture and placed the student in front of the mural my model did not stand out. So I then changed my mind and decided to use a brick wall as my background image this then helped the student stand out to the reader.

Finally the last ideas for the front cover of my school magazine was a masthead and coverlines. The masthead had to anchor into the main story that would appear in my magazine so I chose 'Welcome to Weatherhead' this welcomes the reader to this addition of the magazine and also link to the fact a new student has enrolled into Weatherhead.

I chose to do a total of 5 coverlines, this gives a variety of different things to look at on my front cover and also what to read inside of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment